Grandma and Grandpa Baxter and Grandma and Grandpa Bingham both made it over for the girls Melody Makers Performance which is their singing and dancing recital. They each had their own solos and did a terrific job. The theme for the recital was music from the 1900's through to today. They had costumes and dances from each of the decades. This was taken just before dress rehearsal and then they put costumes over the top of their white shirts.
Kalli was the first solo from our family and she sang, "Yankee Doodle went to London, just to ride the ponies. She had a cute sparkly hat and vest and didn't even act nervous. My pictures didn't turn out very well because it was at the High School auditorium in the dark.
Ashley was the next out of our family, and she had this gorgeous pink puffy dress with a large hat like on "My Fair Lady," and sang an army song "Come on and hear, come on and hear Alexander's ragtime band...it's the best band in the land."
Michone was Elvis. She had a really fun white jumpsuit with rhinestones and big sleeves, and awesome wig and BIG sunglasses. She did a great job sounding and acting like Elvis. Her song was "Jail House Rock." She ended with a curled lip saying, "Thank you, thank you very much!"
I wished they'd had more solos but it is so fun to see them perform together. We really appreciate the extra efforts both sets of grandparents made to make it here and for Tonya, Brad, and Jackson (18 months) for staying for the whole show. We love all your support. The girls felt like STARS!
3 comments:
Awsome post! It is perfect, I love the pictures of the girls. I will add them to Leslie's frame.
Stacy
super cute pictures of your girls! Its fun to hear about whats going on. I also love those picnic picturs of your boys. What handsome little guys.
What a fun memorial day...I am sure that it has to rank up there with chopping up the snakes?! I must say, I still get a little queezy when I think about butchering chickens...I was pregnant with Kiylee when I helped mom and dad. I wish we could have seen their melody makers because it sounds so awesome...way to go girls for being brave enough to perform a solo!!! Tara you are doing awesome with your blog! Keep it up.
Post a Comment