Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial Weekend Continued...

Again, the dates on my camera are on the default mode and this was really taken Monday, May 26th.

After swimming on Saturday the 24th, Jason, Josh, and Jeff constructed the base of our first tree house. This was not an easy endeavor as there was rain off and on and the base of the tree is 17 ft 3 in off the ground! Our longest ladder is only about 12 feet high so they had to build supports to stand on to be able to properly secure the base support beams.
I thought I'd be able to help, however once I climbed into the tree and leaned over the side to assist in attaching the 7 inch lag screws, I became dizzy and was only able to hand tools. I am very grateful Jason and Josh were so willing and devoted to getting it done. They worked on it until after 11 pm Saturday night by spotlights from the house
pointing up into the tree and finally got
the floor completed.
Jason was kind enough to stay long enough Monday to help Josh put the railing on ALL the sides to make it safe for the kids to climb up.
Here's a view of how far off the ground it is. SCARY but VERY SECURE!



Jason and Josh are putting on the finishing touches and Ashley and Kalli are patiently waiting to be the FIRST ones up into the tree house!







These are the proud owners and first ones into the tree house. From left to right, Ashley, Michone, Kalli, Sierra, Megan, Ace, and Caden. We have since added orange bailing twine criss-crossed every 4 inches between the railings providing a "safety net" effect. We are soon to replace the bailing twine with UV and weather resistant brown rope which will look nicer.




4 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

That tree house looks awesome! I have always been a fan of those magical places!

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

I love the tree house! This blog is AWSOME! I updated Leslie's digital frame yesterday and was able to put all your pictures on it with the greatest of ease. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. It is alot of fun to blog, don't you think?
Stacy

Em said...

A project with his brothers, I think Justin is a little jealous. That tree house is amazing! What a climb!

nickandhil'sfamily said...

What a fantastic tree house. I remember our efforts-bowed piece of rotted plywood, jammed into small spaces, 3 feet off the ground, etc. Luckily I am too mature to be jealous-right?