Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Show Time!!

Here is Michone, Ashley, and Ace (our neighbor) with their sheep at the county fair. We have a great 4H leader who knows how to do well with picking good quality lambs and also how to show them.
Michone with a top prize smile. Michone and Ashley both placed FIRST in their age group for showmanship. The judges then bring the top two or three from each age division and show again. Michone almost got Reserve Grand Champion but walked behind the lamb which knocked her to 3rd place. Great job girls!!

Ashley, Michone, and I getting caught a little off gaurd

Ashley did great in quality. She was one away from reserve grand champion (which means she placed third overall)!


Kalli loves her bunny. This is her second year showing this bunny and she did wonderful.
All done and time to PARTY! Ashley was not sad to see her lamb go as it was often a battle of wills between them during walks!

5 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

That is awesome! I remember being in 4-H. It was always a party!
Good job girls!!

Polkowske Fam said...

Great job girls!!! I am glad that you had a happy ending! See you in a couple weeks!

Anonymous said...

Well done Michone, Ashley and Kalli. Takes a lot of patience to show at the fair. I don't remember your Dad showing very many lambs at the Baker County Fair. Miss you guys
Jason

Dean and Dawnie said...

I love the fair pictures too. My what a wonderful job they did with their 4-H projects.

We are so proud of all of you! Good job!

Tara and Josh said...

I like doing lambs,but they were slimy and nasty!

from

Ashley