Saturday, August 1, 2009

Badlands, South Dakota

Tara and the children went to the Badlands one morning when I was in class. It is about 50 minutes from Rapid City. The original Wahl Drug is out there also. The boys were so excited to find wooden swiss army knives with their names on them. The girls each bought Indian dolls.

These two photos were taken from the same spot. The earth just turns from prairie to desolation. Tara said it was amazing to see.


I hope they were safe!

Not quite the Swiss Alps, but still breathtaking!



These last three are taken from the car while driving on the road that goes through the park.

3 comments:

Em said...

No, its certainly not the Swiss Alps, but still very beautiful and impressive. I'm glad Tara and the family were able to see the Badlands. See you in several days.
Justin

atkernsfam said...

I remember driving through these as we went to North Dakota and they are amazing. We stopped at a historic landmark and tried to take a panorama of it, which turned out pretty good. It's hard to think something so pretty could have the name "the bad lands" but then again, if you're stuck there without a car and food, that would be bad.

Jason and Stacy Bingham said...

Swiss Alps, sheesh, Badlands rock!