Monday, May 4, 2009

Final pictures of our pigs...Spotty and Smelly!

We just had the butcher out last monday and Spotty has fulfilled his purpose on earth. Smelly has been delicious and I am excited for Spotty too. These are two of the most pampered pigs but I really do miss seeing them several times everyday. I have cooked all their feed since they were babies so they were always very excited to see me.

Monday was a very hard day for Ryan and Kalli because they were my occasional helpers. Ryan is sure that we need to go get new pigs at Sonya's house (she is my friend that has new piglets). Maybe in August, but we need a break for the summer.










2 comments:

Garity said...

Holy cow (or pig)! You've updated! I've been waiting patiently...

How the heck are you guys!?!?!?! (Found you through Linnea's blog) I've showed my husband several of your blog posts and we've been living vicariously through it waiting for updates. We've had enough of crazy govt. work and the thought of raising our own bacon sounds like heaven. Hopefully after our tour in Mexico is over next summer, we'll be out in your neck of the woods or at least closer (Kris is a Boise/Meridian boy so our aim is farmland out in that direction) Looking forward to catching up...our e-mail is kgline@live.com

Polkowske Fam said...

Josh (my little guy) is going to be so sad that you don't have your piggies anymore. He really wanted to go to your house and help with all of the chores again. Oh well, pigs or no pigs we still love visiting the cousins!