After a busy morning, we finally left for our Perfect Christmas Tree Hunt at 3:38 p.m. We knew we were tight on time so we went to familiar ground...our fire wood getting spot. We arrived about 4:15, donned our snow gear and started the search.
Ryan just had to have a little "snack" of snow.

We had a few breaks to make beautiful snow angels!

After the break it was off to the search again...do you notice the color of the sky? Neither did we until the beautiful sunset and we are still searching!
But lo and behold ... here is our tree! It is much more difficult to find the "perfect" tree in the dark so we are so happy to have a real live Christmas tree that is almost full and it will be beautiful by the time the kids have had a chance to decorate it!
8 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun. I know Justin looks forward to the time when we can go out in the woods to look for our christmas tree. I can't wait to see it!
I can't believe you guys have snow! Wow! Wait....yes I can its Rexburg! Brrr!
Thats awesome that you went and got your tree! Good memories! Good times! How did you not get lost in the dark? I am impressed!
Your tree looks great! Its lots of fun to go pick it out and cut it down yourself. The kids love it!
I love the pictures of the kids playing in the snow. How fun!! See you guys soon!
Way to go! You guys were persistent and it looks like it paid off. Sorry this post is so late, but I still wanted to commend your efforts, and it looked like a lot of fun! I miss going out to find a real tree, but at least we have something to decorate. Hope you are all feeling better and have a Happy New Year! Oh ya, I finally updated my blog. :)
Hi Josh and Tara! We went private, so if you email me, I'll add you to the list!
HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason
AHHHHHH!!!!!! Tara and Josh! This is crazy, I was just looking at Linnea's blog and saw on her blog list "The Bingham Family" and thought "hmmmmmm" I know some Binghams (namely another Garity but with 2 "R"s ;) ) and then I noticed on this Bingham's blog that her blog list said "Tara and Josh" and I about came out of my seat!
I need to get back in touch with Garrity. Do you have an e-mail address for her? I wrote her a few times on her mission but then moved overseas and completely went lax on keeping in touch with anyone.
My e-mail is kgline@live.com.
Ok, time to go back and read up on your family!
Post a Comment