Sunday, October 18, 2009

Angel!

"Angel," our favorite and only Bantam Leghorn chicken died. She laid the cutest little white eggs. The kids have shown her at the County Fair and won quite a few ribbons. We always caught her to show friends and Kiylee and Ashley put on a talent show with her and Dalmation. Sadly today, Brady our dog, chased Angel to death. (Dalmation died earlier this summer) Landon and Ryan knew just what to do. They headed out to the back of our property and started digging. This is what I saw...
Ryan's job was to pull out the big rocks once Landon loosened them up.
Once the hole was the right depth, Angel was buried with lots of love and tenderness.

Here is Landon digging.

5 comments:

Tara and Josh said...

Notice the 9/16 wrench Ryan has in all the pictures. He has carried it around for several days - and I am pretty sure it made it way into our bed last night.

atkernsfam said...

How sweet of those boys getting right to work giving Angel a proper burial. By the way, who taught Landon the unique shoveling technique? What great boys you have!

Dean and Dawnie said...

Ohhhhhh, I am so sorry Angel died. It is the cycle of life. Your pictures of the boys looking at that little chicken was so precious. Then the digging a nice deep hole for her to be burried in was great! I love your family. They are awesome.

Great parents, too!

Polkowske Fam said...

I am sorry to hear about the death of Angel...I know Kiylee will be very disappointed when she finds out. :( I am glad that they boys were willing to give her a proper burial...has Brady been threatened with a burial??? Hope things look brighter in the future...for sure the end of Nov, right?!

mariann and Tory said...

That is so awesome! Sorry the chicken died! We ar eexcited for you guys to come on down to the party!