
Landon absolutely loves his rocks!
We went on a trip to Rapid City, South Dakota so I could take classes for work. We were excited to take the whole family and make a vacation out of it. We were gone for a whole week. We went through Yellowstone National Park the first day and stayed at Cody, Wyoming that night. We did not spend a lot of time in Yellowstone as we decided to come back when we had more time to spend (and it is only a little over an hour from our house).

This bull elk was causing a traffic jam.
It is really neat to see how the forest has come back since the big wildfires there 21 years ago. The new growth pine trees especially.

Old Faithful was a hit. Tara got us all up and on the road early so we got to Yellowstone by 6:30 am. We were one of three cars when we pulled in to Old Faithful.
As we were turning off the car, Old Faithful went off and so we did not really get to see it - so we went on some smaller hikes and waited for it to go again.
5 comments:
I love seeing all the kids! I am so excited to see you guys in a couple weeks. The trip looks fun and Tara you will need to tell me about the "Work Money" you give your kids.
Great movie. The kids really enjoyed it. Samuel asked when we get to go see it. I loved how (I think it was Landon) tried acting impressed with the little sputters, but I think everyone was impressed with the real thing.
How fun! We want to take our kids there sometime! Happy fourth!!
What a fun trip. I am so glad you went all together. They will be memories forever.
Your picture of the bull elk is awesome.
I want to see more photos of the trip.
That's a good beginning to your trip...you are holding me in suspense...waiting to see the rest! Thanks for showing me Old Faithful. I have always wanted to see that and the video was a perfect way to experience it.
Post a Comment